“On the 8th day of Christmas, Zanzibar gave me:
Eight cats a-howling,
Seven bats a-squeaking,
Six cauldrons boiling,
Five magic wands –
Four hooting owls.
Three blind mice,
Two jumping frogs,
And a sardine prepared for my tea.”
Make a cat out of a paper plate! It’s easy and you can make different colored cats (red and green) and hang them together as a Christmas mobile or ornaments!
What you need:
- A paper plate
- Black, red or green paint
- Googly eyes
- Paint the paper plate black (or red, green etc) and let dry.
- Turn the plate over to the unpainted side.
- Cut out the body using the pattern from the url below.
- Cut out the tail and head from the remaining pieces of plate.
- Set scraps aside.
- Use tape to attach the tail and the head to the back of the plate, using the image as a guide.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and paint a pink dot for the nose.
- From the scraps of black plate, cut thin whiskers of equal length.
- Glue to the cat’s face.
Our cat was based on this awesome one we found online at: craftsbyamanda.com