- The dealer shuffles the cards and deals them as evenly as possible to all of the players. It’s fine for some players to have one card more than other players.
- Each player then places his cards, face down, in a pile in front of him. The player to the left of the dealer goes first. Play then moves clockwise.
- On their turn, the first player turns over the top card from their face-down pile. Always turn over the card away from the play so that all players get to see the card at the same time
- When the player turns over a card that matches a card already face up on another player’s pile, the first player who calls “Snap!” wins both piles of cards and adds them to the bottom of their face-down pile.
- If a player calls “Snap!” at the wrong time, they must give their top card to the player who just played. And if a player makes a mistake on their own turn, they give their top card to the player on his right.
- Continue playing until one player has won all of the cards.