“Recommended by Educators” on Google Play for Education, #1 in Amazon.com Education, selected as Editor’s Choice by Children’s Technology Review, 4-Starred by Common Sense, the Heckerty stories have been recommended by everyone from Yahoo to TUAW as well as featured on TV and radio. The many enthusiastic user reviews from around the world speak for themselves.
See for yourself – Download the Apps Here – You’ll be glad you did!!
The Heckerty apps, books, activities and games help kids build a solid foundation in reading, writing, and even basic math while developing critical thinking, problem-solving skills and values. Heckerty adapts to your child’s learning style and pace; the innovative and engaging stories fuel the creative imagination of children and adults. Heckerty apps run on iOS and Android devices, and new apps come in 15 different languages. And yes, Heckerty is Common Core compliant.
Want to read some of our User Reviews?
Or look through our Media Archive?
|We believe that the best, quickest learning comes from structured and unstructured play along with creative projects that kids enjoy.|
|Visit our website’s Activities area. You’ll discover lots of creative home and classroom Heckerty projects ready for you and your kids. Come back often! We’re adding new ideas all the time.We want to make the activities as useful and relevant as possible for your kids – do you have great projects to share, projects you’d like to see with a Heckerty twist to them? Feedback, requests or suggestions? We’d love to hear from you.Contact us here or email us at <[email protected]>to tell us what works for you and what you’d like to see from Heckerty. We’ll try to make it happen!!|
Did we mention that we love social media? Well, we do — after all, sharing’s at the heart of learning and education, right?! So:
- Do you want to know about the latest projects and activities, the newest Heckerty adventures and great tips for your kids? Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our mailing list by clicking on the “Don’t Miss Out” widget that appears on our web pages. If you have a question, email us at [email protected]
- Have you done something interesting with Heckerty’s projects, products or characters?
- Discovered something that might be helpful in helping kids discover storytelling and reading?
- Have a great tip other adults or kids would benefit from?
We’d love to hear from you – so share with us and other Heckerty fans. The best suggestions will get posted to our blog and of course we’ll give you the credit you deserve! Oh, and keep an eye on our blog, Twitter and Pinterest feeds as well as other social media for great projects & ideas for your kids.
We have resources for you, too— the quickest way to get to them is to check out our Teachers, Educators & Home Schoolers page. Our lesson plans and activities are a great place to get specific ideas that can help your child.
Lesson Plan Ideas?
Looking for ideas on how to get even more educational value from Heckerty? We’re making our Teachers’ Guides available to parents as well as education professionals — download them from our Teachers, Educators & Home Schoolers page.
Getting the Most Out of Heckerty
Games Build Vocabulary & Thinking Skills
|Once kids have learned to use Heckerty, here are some great games to play with them:|
- Another easy game to play is to name an object in the picture and ask your child to tap on the right image. You can make the game more challenging by asking your child to find things in the image that are the same color, or start with the same letter. There are lots of ways you can make up little games to help your child learn to read.
- One cool thing to keep kids occupied when you’re busy is ask them how many different things they can see in a picture and what those things are. When they say “cat” for example, ask them to tell you all about cats, what they are and what they do. Teachers and researchers have found that well-chosen games make children behave and perform better in school. Rewards in games help kids score higher on tests and motivate them to work harder. The secret is to have games that that are fun and balanced – and that are not too easy and not too hard!
The Coloring Book
You’ll ﬁnd a link to the coloring book on the home page of each app. There are several images to color and additional images to buy. Kids love to send out their fully colored images — but Heckerty only lets them do so with your authorization. So go ahead, encourage them to share and receive praise for their coloring skills!
Become a Heckerty Helper!
The Heckerty Helper program is great for everyone. Parents receive free products. Kids get to know that their opinion counts. Parents like it that the kids have to write up the reviews and we love the feedback on our products! We receive great feedback and ideas to make our products better suited to your needs. Contact us here to tell us you’d like to join the Heckerty Helper team — we’d love to have you join us!
Parental Advisory Panel
Want to be part of our parental advisory panel? We’re looking for parents that care and want to help their kids learn effectively. Email us — we promise to listen carefully to suggestions and requests from panel members.